Return to "More information"
Videos and Articles
- Spiritual Emergency, A new documentary film on DVD by Kaia Nightingale
(Spiritual Emergence Service, Canada) - a 40 minute documentary validating
unusual experiences during spiritual emergence, alerting health
professionals to the signs. It illustrates the predicament of people
who find themselves in spiritual crisis. There is little help available.
With information and support, people can move through profound
transformation, emerging with new skills and abilities.
- "Evolving Minds" An exploration of the alternatives to psychiatry
and the links between psychosis and spirituality. Produced by Mel Gunasena
and Undercurrents Old Telephone Exchange Pier Street,
Swansea SA1 1RY Tel: + 44 (0) 1792 455900
- "Hard to Believe", a film about spirituality and mental health produced
by Mind in Croydon 26 Pampisford Road, Purley Surrey, CR8 2NE
Tel:+44 (0) 20 8668 2210
- Isabel Clarke (ed) The Journal of Critical Psychology, Counselling &
Psychotherapy Special Issue: Taking Spirituality Seriously vol 2, no 4, winter 2002
- David Lukoff, "From Spiritual Emergency to Spiritual Problem:
the transpersonal roots of the new DSM IV category", Journal of Humanistic
Psychology 1998 Vol.38, pp21-50
- Deborah Cornah, The impact of spirituality on mental health. A literature
review, Mental Health Foundation, June 2006